Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pat-a-cake

My inspiration (from the internet)/ my creation (latest)
(still looking for creator of this one)


Wouldn't life be peachy if we could get rich doing something we love? For me that would be decorating cakes. However, to make cake decorating profitable enough to send four kids overseas to study, my cakes would have to be mighty expensive! hahaha...

So... not quite economically feasible eh? Besides, my hometown is such a small market, any retail business is not going to get you rich. There is this girl who makes gorgeous cakes in KL and sells them for RM1k and above! (look here) Sure, you can survive in KL with prices like those, but here... your business will die a slow, miserable death I think.

In actual fact, considering the hours put into creating a masterpiece like those she makes, the price is actually quite reasonable. I now know this, after so many trials and errors, it takes plenty of passion, time and patience to do what she does. So, it's not so much of the raw materials which go into the cake (which, mind you, can get rather expensive also when you use good quality ingredients), but the hours put into assembling it.


inspiration/ my creation (one of my earlier attempts)
(made by Kimmy's Kakes)


Anyways, I can dream away at owning my own cake boutique, but deep down I know that if I were to make my hobby into a business, it wouldn't be as fun anymore. I prefer to bake as and when I desire and not have to answer to fussy customers! From years of running my own pharmacy, I've already had enough of being nice to rude customers when in fact you're visualizing strangling their necks!!! hehehe... So, I guess baking for family and friends during free time is still the best option.

One of my favourite past times when whiling away the hours at the shop is to surf the net for pictures of super gorgeous cakes.

Here are some more beauties:

I might try this for a friend's wedding come June. (made by Jennifer Studor Cakes)




Is this even a cake?? (made by Elizabeth's Cakes)















Too cute!!!!
(made by A Cake for You)
Related Posts with Thumbnails