Thursday, June 11, 2009

Honeymoon

11/06/2009 2pm

*Sigh* I already miss my Little Monsters 1, 2, 3 and 4.

We’re at the KL LCCT Terminal waiting for our connecting flight to Manado, on the Island of Sulawesi in Indonesia. Hubby and I are off on a diving trip for 9 days, without the kids. I don’t think I’ve ever been away from them for such a long period of time.

We’ve flown 1hr 45mins west to KL and later, we’re going to fly 4hrs back the direction we came, to reach Manado, further east! So now, we’re killing time at a coffee place, called Chocolate, and I’m drinking a sublime dark chocolate drink, akin to sipping melted chocolate! Endorphine high… heavenly…

At least this place has nice fat comfy chairs, LCCT is sorely lacking in comfortable waiting areas. The other option would be to pay RM88 per 2hrs to use the Plaza Lounge! What do you get? WiFi, air-conditioning, comfortable seating and showers. No thanks, I’ll just pay RM14.90 for my cup of heaven and open my Facebook Restaurant some other time! (I do miss my restaurant though… can almost afford a castle roof now!)

I did bring a book to read. I just finished Stephenie Meyer’s ‘Twilight’ last night. I stayed up late just to finish it cos I only had a few chapters left and I didn’t want to lug around the whole book only to finish it on the first day of the holiday. It was also getting very interesting. Anyway, I brought the other book to read and when I took it out just now, I found out Sis no.4 gave me the wrong book! It was Book 3 and I need Book 2! Just my luck, the bookstore here has Books 1, 3 and 4! No Book 2!!

3:40pm

The flight is a little delayed. But good news: there's WiFi here in the departure lounge and I found Book 2 at the bookstore here! Hooray!

The International departure lounge here is much, much nicer than the rest of the LCCT. I was rather repelled by the washroom at the domestic luggage collection area. I was already about to pee in my pants and the was a queue in front of all 5 stalls! I had to scan the 'customers' faces and predict who needed to do the big one, to guess which line would most likely move faster!!

I detest public loos, especially wet ones. Luckily the lady before me flushed and besides the wet floor and overflowing sanitary bin, it was not too bad.

On our Air Asia flight from Kuching to KL, they were frantically paging a passenger on the plane. Apparently, he had boarded the wrong plane! He was supposed to be headed for Macau instead. Fortunately they got him in time. I can imagine the poor guy’s disappointment if he landed to find traffic jams and smog, as opposed to Baccarat and Roulette!

My kids love to fly Air Asia for one reason; cup noodles. One of the highlights of holidays for them is having cup noodles on the plane! Poor deprived creatures… mum does not buy cup noodles :)


I always encounter one predicament when flying with the kids. For want of anything to do, they'll definitely browse through all the reading material tucked behind the seats. This will undoubtedly include the emergency procedure sheet. Then they'll ask me all sorts of questions which I dare not answer honestly for fear of introducing the idea of crashing planes and inducing unnecessary fear!


Therefore;
1. The life vest is for babies in case they want to go swimming.
2. The plane is really special; it can even land on water!
3. It is so special that it is even equipped with slides for us to play!!

Hooray! Flying is fun!
Related Posts with Thumbnails