Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Laughter

Annie had her school sports day on Saturday. It was drizzling a bit, but not enough to douse the children's excitement. It was refreshing to see all these kids with so much spirit; they looked like they were ready to take on the world! Remember when we were like that? *Sigh* Those were the days. I think we as parents should nourish this spirit and try our best not to taint it with our own jaded and negative views of the real, big, bad world. There will be plenty time enough for them to learn later on in life. For now, it's just so great to see kids so carefree and just being kids.

I remember when my sisters and I were small, we could laugh endlessly at just about anything! The type of side-splitting, out-of-breath kind of laughing! I'll bet this kind of laugh has medicinal properties! When my kids are at it now, my first instinct is to tell them to keep it down. Then I realise that I should be happy that they're so happy. Isn't that what we are toiling for day after day? Their happiness? And also our retirement fund of course :)

Anyway, Annie participated in the 'fun games' event. They had to run with a beanbag on their head and the first team to complete would win. She was a bit disappointed, as her Purple House team came in third and they didn't get prizes. Other than that she enjoyed herself screaming for her house, eating Hot Cup noodles and getting diabetes from the free Milo!
Related Posts with Thumbnails