Tuesday, June 3, 2014

spiky & pokey


So the other day Solomon was telling me how he wanted to catch a bird that kept coming to their window. I told him how we used to do it with those food cover baskets propped up with a stick. 

We'd tie a string to the stick and put food under the basket then waited, peeping, but out of sight. When the birds came, we would quickly pull the string and the stick would be pulled out from under the basket and the basket would come down over the bird, trapping them.

After that, he told me he wanted to catch a bird on the balcony to keep as a pet. I told him that a hamster would be a better pet and I would go and buy one for him. So then he kept asking me when I was going to go buy him the 'lobster'! Lol!

Anyway, two days later we went to the pet store and got a male and a female. The boys named them Spiky and Pokey! So now we had two 'lobsters' with porcupine names! What confused hamsters! 

So the kids are happy with these two little guys. Let's see if they can care for them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails