Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sports Day 2012


So Annie and Claire had their Sports Day ages ago (read I can't remember when!), I think some time last month....

Well anyway, Annie took part in the 200m sprint, 4 x 200m relay and 4 x 100m relay I think. Oh my goodness, my memory is seriously in decline!!!

Claire was in the smallest age group, so they only had one event, the 50m sprint.

Though they did not win any medals, they trained hard, tried their best, and won points for their house, Purple House. In the end, their house was the overall winner and the girls were extremely proud!

I love the team spirit that comes with sports events. I can remember the school sports days and softball matches of my time (how I miss sliding in the mud and grass!). It's a wonderful, wonderful feeling (especially if you or your team wins!!) which I hope for my kids to experience as well. So I will encourage them in sports as much as academics.



Related Posts with Thumbnails