Friday, February 17, 2012

80's flashback

So Annie gave me a list of songs to download for her to put into her hand phone. She likes the usual teen pop stars like Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Big Time Rush, Taylor Swift, etc...

I used to use Limewire to download songs and tv shows, but that got into trouble, so I used another shareware program called Frostwire. Then SIL introduced me to another program where you could download videos and songs directly from YouTube. Here's the link if you're interested

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

I like to save them as MP3 files, so they don't take up too much space. It's good in a sense that you can preview what you are downloading first. For Limewire and Frostwire, you had to take the chance on the quality. You could only see or hear it after completing the downloading. Sometimes the song was a totally different one from what it was named!

Anyway, I remember how we did it when we were teens... We would write a list of songs and bring it to the music shop. They would then record all the songs we wanted onto a cassette tape! What joy! :) And remember walkmans??


I think audio cassette tapes and video VCR tapes were fabulous, as you could record anything with just the press of a button! You could record your own singing or set the VCR timer to record a movie which you wouldn't be home to watch!

You could record a song you liked when it came on the radio. How was that okay and yet now downloading songs from the internet illegal? Hmmm....

Anyway, I absolutely love 80's music. I was a teenager in the 90's, but I think 90's music is unremarkable. 80's music is way more fun in my opinion. The fashion wasn't as great though! lol! Think shoulder pads and big hair!! Luckily I was still a kid in shorts and t-shirts then, so I wasn't a victim!!



Footloose was and still is such a great song dontcha think? They even made a remake Footloose movie last year, so that just goes to show that the songs are timeless. Imagine a 90's song like let's say, "I'm a Barbie Girl" by Aqua! Yikes!! Don't think that would go down very well with the kids nowadays! Hahaha...

 There are so many cool 80's songs. Here's another, from the movie St. Elmo's Fire. I can't remember anything about the movie except it had Demi Moore in it.
 


Oh and what about New Kids on the Block??!! Wahahaha! My friends and I in Grade 6 (12 yrs old) were crazy over Jordan Knight and we even bought photographs of him for 50cents to stick on our bedroom walls!! Hilarious!


That's Jordan Knight, the one with the curly hair at the bottom!! lol!

Apparently they got back together for another tour recently, albeit a little fatter and a lot older!


Gosh! How time flies! Oh to be a teenager again! A know-it-all with every possible emotion (happiness, love, hate, anger, sadness...) multiplied a hundred fold! How we felt everything so fiercely back then!

Well, I'll be having a few teenagers of my own soon! I'm prepared for slamming doors and such... in fact it's already starting! I truly love and appreciate my mother right about now! :)

So here's to life! I think we all need to bring back a bit of our teenage selves and live life soaring on the wings of dreams!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails