Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kid Swap 2011

Kid Swap 2011. SIL and I shall try to make this an annual event! :)

This being the first installment, Hughie came to Kuching with Grandma (sans mummy) to stay for a couple of weeks. SIL had exams to study for and temporarily had no babysitter, so Hughie had to come back with Grandma, cause Grandma had to look after my brood as well when we went to Singapore! Thank God for Grandma is all I can say! :)

So SIL suggested I send Annie and Claire over to Miri for the weekend when she finished her exams. Since we are not planning to go anywhere via aeroplane this school holidays, I thought it would be a good experience for Annie and Claire to travel alone to Miri!

At the airport, all ready to go.

Annie has travelled by plane on her own a couple of times already. MAS allows children aged 5 years and above to travel alone. The ground staff and flight attendants will accompany them all the way and hand them over to the designated family members.

This was Claire's first time, but I was not so worried, as she had Annie to look after her. Annie is very responsible and mature for her age. Although I was a bit worried (that's my job), I knew Annie could handle herself and her little sister. Annie was also a little worried initially, as she now had to be responsible Claire. But in the end, they had such a blast!

Shopping, sand art and ice-cream at the Spring.

Anyway, Hughie had fun with Eva and Solomon at Spring, while Annie and Claire were given star treatment by their Seiku!

It's a good change of scenery for them I guess and we'll see if we can try it out again next year! :)

Shopping, ice-cream, swimming and beach bumming in Miri!

Thanks for a great holiday Seiku!
Related Posts with Thumbnails